This article is rated G, meaning it is appropriate for all ages.
|The New Employee|
|Series||The Krusty Crew Shorts|
|Airdate||April 12, 2014|
|Previous Episode||Toilet Duty|
The New Employee is the fifth short of The Krusty Crew Shorts series. In this short, Patrick gets hired as an employee in The Krusty Krab because Mr. Krabs wants to earn money much faster. This short is one of 20 in season one. This short is paired with Fired.
- Mr. Krabs
- The Krusty Krab
Trivia and Errors
- Patrick's feet were green, red, pink, and yellow with pus oozing out.
- This short might've been disturbing to young viewers because of the gross closeup of Patrick's feet.
- When Patrick gets his hat, it disappears for the rest of the short.
- [short starts with SpongeBob cooking up krabby patties]
- SpongeBob: [sigh] This sure can be boring. I wish I had someone to cook patties while I went on breaks.
- [Patrick rushes in Krusty Krab, all crying]
- SpongeBob: [sticks head out kitchen window] Patrick, what's the matter?
- Patrick: [panting] They told m-me that... I should get a job! [bursts out crying]
- Squidward: Stop with the waterwax! [Patrick stops crying]
- SpongeBob: That's awkward. [gets cut by Patrick]
- Patrick: My toenails. [scene now reveals Patrick's dirty feet]
- [scene is back to SpongeBob talking]
- SpongeBob: No, not that, I was just talking about me trying to get someone to work as a frycook after me when I take a break, and now you come up looking for a job. You wanna try, Patrick?
- Patrick: Sure!
- Squidward: I'm okay with one barnacle head, but with two, oh no! No no no no no!
- Mr. Krabs: [gets out of office] Patrick, what are you doing here? A Krabby Patty?
- Patrick: Job. Jobobobobob. Heh.
- Titlecard and Narrator: Two Seconds Later.
- Patrick: [looks up at his Krusty Krab hat] [cooes] Ooooh, this anchor makes me look smarterer. [makes a dumb face]
- Mr. Krabs: Ok... Now get back to work.
- [scene is now in The Krusty Krab kitchen]
- SpongeBob: Patrick, here is your spatula. [hands Patrick his spatula]
- Patrick: [opens eyes wide] A spatu-what? SpongeBob, get your facts right, it's a back scratcher. [scratches spatula on back]
- [short ends]