This article is rated G, meaning it is appropriate for all ages.
|Airdate||February 15, 2013|
Special Delivery is the fourteenth episode of the spin-off, Absorbent Days, the fourteenth episode of season one, and the second special of both the spin-off and season one. In this episode, A mailman accidently drops all of the Valentine’s Day cards into a nearby manhole, including his own, which an extremely important one. When SpongeBob is washing his hands at the Krusty Krab, the cards appear, launching SpongeBob into wall, only for the important card to catch SpongeBob’s eye. The card, though obviously not for him and lost in translation, claims he and a friend must go on a quest to deliver the other cards. After accidently delivering the cards to the wrong people, a full-scale riot against the now infamous “Matrimony Mailmen” begins. The only one they believe to fix this is “The Heart King” who possesses all wisdom on love, especially on Valentine’s Day. Can he fix this with the help of SpongeBob, Patrick, and now Sandy?
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Patrick Star
- Heart King
- Sandy Cheeks
- Miscellaneous Background Characters
- Members of Riot
- [episode begins with a mailman, walking down the sidewalk on the phone, carrying a bag of mail]
- Mailman: [on phone] Ha! That's a good one, Frederick! [mumbling heard on phone] What do you mean you weren't joking?! [throws phone away angrily] I made the right decision, mother! [mumbles and continues walking] What does she know?
- Pedestrian: [taps on mailman's shoulder] Excuse me. Do you have the time?
- Mailman: [drops bag of letters out of being startled; letters fall into a nearby manhole] What is your problem?! You just made me drops all of the Valentine's Day letters!
- Pedestrian: What is the big point of dumb Valentine's Day letters?
- Mailman: I would bid you a good day, but Frankly, I must explain. [in pedestrian's face] I just dropped the most important Valentine's letter in all of Bikini Bottom!...My wife's.
- Pedestrian: Is it that one right there? [points to Valentine's letter near manhole]
- Mailman: Yes! It still lives! [wipes sweat] Thank Neptune! I can still make it too!
- Pedestrian: Don't worry. I got it. [kicks letter into manhole then runs away] You never gave me the time! [laughs]
- Mailman: Curse you!
- [camera begins to pan with the falling letters, finally making their descent into the sewer water, where they then continue to float and is finally sucked up into an unknown pipe]
- [camera cuts to The Krusty Krab where SpongeBob is washing his hands]
- SpongeBob: Washing the ol' palms again under a quality sink. Good thing I reminded Mr. Krabs to get this sink fixed. I thought it would cost a fortune. [begins to turn lever to turn sink off, only for the knob to break] Figures.
- [Sink begins to swell]
- SpongeBob: Well that's not good. Better take a look. [takes a look at the underside of the faucet, only to be blown into the wall with Valentine's Day cards; rubs head] At least the sink is unclogged now. [picks up card] What's this? [reads poem] What do we have here?
This card is not the best
For a fish like you,
but you make all of my wishes come true
So this card is for you, Sue.
- SpongeBob: Neat. [looks at another card] This one looks interesting.
You never can get what you want
No matter how hard you try,
And after you blame me for your failures,
you always sob and cry.
This may not seem like a card to you,
But this isn't to make you blue.
Because no matter how much you fail,
I will always love you.
- SpongeBob: From Karen to Plankton. Of course. [reads another to self] Oh no. This is terrible. [reads card aloud]
All the cards cannot compare,
to you, my heir.
I remember when you made your first friend,
and you stay with him and will until the end.
So though you may be a little square,
and your friend a little pink,
I just want you to know,
You are the only thing I think.
- SpongeBob: Do you know what this means? [to reader] I'm talking to you! [not to reader] It obviously says a little square, like me, and my friend who is pink, which is Patrick, must deliver the Valentine's Day cards! All of these cards! They're a sign. Patrick and I must deliver these cards!
- Patrick: [appears] What do you mean?
- SpongeBob: Read this, Patrick. [hands Patrick the card]
- Patrick: [reading] Hmm hmm. Yes, I see. Hmm hmm. [stops reading; in shock] It's worse than I ever could imagine! It's a Valentine's Day card!
- SpongeBob: Not just that, buddy. You and I have to go on a quest to deliver these cards. Are you in, Patrick?
- Patrick: Well, considering that I am Patrick, I guess you could say I'm inside of myself. [holds chin] Yet, you could be talking about do I want to go on the quest so....no.
- SpongeBob: Why not?
- Patrick: What do you mean? I said I wanted to.
- SpongeBob: But you said no.
- Patrick: I no. I mean...wait, it's the other one. I meant to say I know.
- SpongeBob: But Patrick, it doesn't...whatever. Let's deliver these cards, Patrick!
- SpongeBob and Patrick: Yeah! [jump up and high-five]
- SpongeBob: Get your costumes ready, Patrick. [SpongeBob and Patrick go into a montage of putting on mailman-like clothing] Let's do this!
- [scene cuts to Plankton at the Chum Bucket]
- Plankton: Oh, come on, Karen! I gave you your Valentine's Day card! Now where's mine?!
- Karen: Calm you unusally large antennae down, Plankton. [camera cuts to Plankton, touching his antennae] Your card is just late.
- Plankton: How can I believe anything you say? [turns around and crosses arms] You can lie right through your circuit boards.
- Karen: That's not true. [screen begins to spark] Ignore that.
- [SpongeBob and Patrick walk through the door]
- SpongeBob: I think I can fix both of your problems.
- Plankton: Away with you! Can't you see my wife and I are in the middle of something?!
- Patrick: At least not from my angle.
- SpongeBob: Here's something that could cheer you up, Plankton. [reaches behind back]
- Plankton: Is it the secret formula? That would make me happier than the day I got married to Karen!
- Karen: [gasps] Plankton!
- Plankton: Fine! They're equal...[whispers] somewhat.
- SpongeBob: Nope. [pulls out envelope] It's Karen's Valentine's Day card to you. [hands Plankton the card] I think it's really sweet...except for the beginning.
- Plankton: The beginning what's wrong with the beginning?
- [SpongeBob and Patrick whistle and leave the Chum Bucket]
- Plankton: What is he talking about, Karen?
- Karen: [appears to be holding a pencil and writing on paper] Oh, it's...uh...something you should never look at if you want to stay alive! [activates a ray to come out of ceiling]
- [Plankton runs out of room quickly]
- Karen: Gets him everytime. [deactivates ray]
- [scene cuts to SpongeBob handing a male fish a card]
- SpongeBob: There you go, sir. Sorry if it was late. [walks away]
- Male Fish: Hmm...I don't remember getting my wife one of these.
- Female Fish: [appears; angrily] What was that, Benjamin?
- Benjamin: [quickly; scared] Oh, nothing.
- [scene cuts to Patrick handing a male fish a card]
- Patrick: And your card, sir. I hope that you find some use for it. It didn't do me one bit of good. [stomps away angrily]
- Male Fish 2: What was that all about?
- [scene then cuts to a montage of SpongeBob and Patrick handing out cards]
- [scene cuts to SpongeBob and Patrick on the top of a hill]
- SpongeBob: [breathing heavily] Woo! That was quite some card giving we did. I'm all out of breath.
- Patrick: How? We only gave out cards to one block.
- SpongeBob: Because...[breathes]...we are in...[breathes]...Sandy's treedome. It's just all air. [Patrick places air helmet on SpongeBob] Thanks, Patrick.
- Patrick: For doing what?
- Sandy: [walks out of tree] What are you doing here, Spongey? Pinkey?
- Patrick: Who?
- SpongeBob: Hey ya Sandy. Patrick and I were told to go a quest to deliver all of these Valentine's Day cards. [takes out card] And you're the last stop on our quest. [hands card to Sandy]
- Sandy: Thank you, SpongeBob. Finally I get a card addressed to me-gan. Who's Megan?
- SpongeBob: Let me take a look at that. [looks at card] Oh my goodness. This card is addressed to some guy named Megan.
- Sandy: I'm pretty sure that's a girl, SpongeBob.
- SpongeBob: You never know.
- Patrick: I don't see the problem. Megan lives down the street from here. That was the plan, right? To give the card to the person who lives down the street from the person on the card?
- SpongeBob: Patrick, when did I say something like that?
- Patrick: [shrugs shoulders] You didn't. I just wanted to see what would happen.
- Sandy: Something like that. [points to riot approacing Sandy's house]
- SpongeBob: Patrick, what do we do? A riot is coming to rip us to shreds!
- Patrick: Shreds? You're right! This is terrible!
- [Riot approaches the house]
- Male Fish 3: What do we want?!
- Riot: To stop the Matrimony Mailmen!
- Male Fish 3: That's right! Now let's do this.
- SpongeBob: Who are the Matrimony Mailmen?
- Sandy: You two, shell for brains. Now get moving. I have an escape pod in my tree. If we go now, we can escape the riot...I think. [grabs SpongeBob and Patrick and all hop into the escape pod in tree] Initiating countdown. Five...[riot cracks glass]...four...[rushes into treedome]...three...[begin to rip apart tree]...two...[riot fish begin to look inside of tree hole at escape pod]...blast off! [riot is pushed off of tree, rocketing away from the dome]
- Patrick: That was a close one.
- SpongeBob: The riot?
- Patrick: No. [takes out card] They almost got the card in my pocket.
- SpongeBob: Of course! The card! [takes card and begins to read] These lines may shed some light on our situation.
This card is meant for you,
not the king or the queen,
I know you'll love this card
It'll make you sing.
But do not worry if the neighbors complain,
because that doesn't mean I won't love you the same.
- SpongeBob: Do you know what this means, Patrick?! It's saying that The Heart King is the only way that can save the day. To The Heart King's castle oh great rocket!
- Sandy: Way to break it to you, SpongeBob, but this rocket doesn't take commands.
- Rocket: On route to The Heart King's castle.
- Patrick: Where?
- SpongeBob: Say, Sandy. How exactly is this thing going to land easily?
- [Rocket crashes into front lawn of castle]
- Sandy: Yep. We're not going to.
- [scene cuts to SpongeBob, Sandy, and Patrick walk into the castle]
- SpongeBob: What is this place? It's so dark and...scary.
- Patrick: Maybe it wouldn't be so dark it someone would turn a light on in here. [laughing is heard] Hey, Spongey. Do you hear that?
- SpongeBob: Did you just call me Spongey? [pulled by Patrick into a large lit room] Where are we?
- Patrick: Beats me.
- Sandy: [laughing offscreen; camera cuts to reveal Sandy sitting, holding a cup of tea] Oh, Jefferson. You always were quite the jokester.
- [camera pans to reveal a blue fish with a large robe on him]
- Jefferson: [laughs] Thank you, Sandra.
- SpongeBob: [bows down] Are you the great Heart King, mister sir?
- Patrick: [takes off plaque from podium] I don't know. But this bagette looks delicious. It gold and solid. [begins to bite down on plaque]
- Fish: Give that back! [snatches back plaque; camera pans to reveal a large throne with a green fish on top of it]
- Patrick: Geez. Some people are so pushy.
- SpongeBob: You obviously must be the Heart King, great sir.
- Fish: Nope. That's the scrawny one over there.
- [camera pans to reveal a scrawny brown fish, sitting in a chair]
- SpongeBob: You're the Heart King? But, you're so......strength deficient.
- Heart King: Usually I'm not as scrawny as I appear. [stands up] But that's usually on the most loviest day of the year. The day of the year that gives me the most power, and that was supposed to be today. Valentine's Day. But since everybody is rioting against you two...[turns on television to reveal the riot]...my powers are being drained more by the minute.
- Patrick: Then why don't you just make everyone stop...uh...hate-ering...each other? [hands on hips] There we go. Problem solved.
- Heart King: Not exactly. [clicks button on remote; screen shows power meter] As you can see, I am currently at thirty percent full. [clicks to another meter] I am supposed to be at thirty one percent to be able to make everyone happy again, thus recharging me.
- Sandy: [laughs] You just keep them coming, don't you?
- Heart King: Haven't I told you not to entertain the guests, Jefferson? [throws chair at Jefferson; Jefferson dodges chair and runs out of room] Does anyone know where to get some magic?
- Patrick: Once again. Beats me.
- SpongeBob: Maybe the card has something that can help us. [takes out card and begins to read]
- Heart King: [knocks card out of SpongeBob's hand] Get that out of here! That's the main source of my power draining! The card sucks the energy around it, and since it has been in town, it absorbed the negative energy. [places face on wall] I can't take it anymore.
- Sandy: Well, then we're going to have to find a way to get the cards delivered!
- SpongeBob: But how?
- Heart King: It's okay, guys. I guess Valentine's Day won't live on. It's best if you go back to town and accept fate. [closes blinds] I'm done.
- [scene cuts to SpongeBob walking down the street with Patrick in normal clothes]
- Patrick: What are we doing again?
- SpongeBob: Nothing, Patrick. Absolutely nothing. We failed, Patrick. We couldn't save Valentine's Day. [tapped on shoulder by fish]
- Pedestrian: Excuse me. May I have the time?
- [SpongeBob accidently drops the card into the sewer; card continues to flow through sewer eventually being brought behind Sandy's rocket]
- Sandy: Time to get out here. [presses start-up button; rocket fire burns the card, causing the card to be burned up]
- [scene cuts to inside of castle where Heart King is sitting on the chair]
- Heart King: I can't believe that I could let Valentine's Day slip through my grasp. If only I got just [power begins to flow around Heart King] a little more...[morphs into a muscular brown fish] power!
- [scene cuts back to SpongeBob and Patrick]
- SpongeBob: Oh no! I dropped the card! What am I going to do? That was the only thing that might be able to save the town.
- Patrick: Speaking of the town, here comes the riot.
- [Riot is seen running toward SpongeBob and Patrick]
- SpongeBob: I guess this is it. [SpongeBob and Patrick brace for impact]
- Heart King: [teleports in front of SpongeBob and Patrick] Halt, riot! [sprays arrows at riot, causing them to stop]
- Male Fish: What is going on here?
- Female Fish: Yeah. Why are we holding pitchforks?
- Male Fish 2: I don't know.
- Heart King: [to SpongeBob and Patrick] But how are we going to get the cards exchanged?
- [Sandy flies over team with rocket]
- Sandy: I think we can fix that with this rocket.
- [scene cuts to montage of SpongeBob, Sandy, Patrick, and Heart King exchanging the cards throughout Bikini Bottom]
- SpongeBob: [steps out of rocket] And to think that it all started with someone asking...
- Pedestrian: [taps on SpongeBob's shoulder] Do you know the time?
- SpongeBob: [angrily] No, I do not know the...! Wait a minute. Look at your wrist.
- Pedestrian: [looks at wrist] What do you know. I have a watch.
- SpongeBob: Wow! Thank goodness you didn't know, or else this all would have ended badly. Who knew that you would unintentionally save the day?
- Pedestrian: Oh, was it unintentionally? [pulls off mask, revealing the Heart King]
- SpongeBob: But how did you...?
- Heart King: I'm a magician. Being in two places at once is a piece of cake. [watch beeps] Oh. Looks like it's time to say...
- Everybody: Happy Valentine's Day everybody!
- [episode ends]
|n • v • e • h|
A New Town, A New Sponge • Snail Trails • A Blast from the Cast • The Chum Returns • Cream of Cheat • An Absorbent Christmas • A Court for the Port • Castles and Dungeons • Crossover Squid • A Replacement Borg • Regeneration Sensation • A Dirty Battle • A Cephalopod's Castle • Special Delivery • A Building from Above • Battle of the Patty Flippers • Doesn't Phase Me • The Fake Virtuoso • In Between Jobs • Not Who They Seam