This article is rated G, meaning it is appropriate for all ages.
|Airdate||April 12, 2014|
Fancy Tips is the seventh short of the spin-off, Absorbent Days, and the fourth short of season two. In this short, SpongeBob and Gary take a trip to the fanciest restaurant in the Bikini Bottom, "Fancy!", for their Friday night. The bill's total does not bother SpongeBob, however the tip is not of the same meadow. Can Gary and SpongeBob find a way to pay off the tip?
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Gary the Snail
- Check-in Fish
- [episode begins with SpongeBob, walking down the street in fancy clothing]
- SpongeBob: [sniffs air] 'Tis the night to be fancy, isn't it, Gary?
- Gary: [camera shows Gary, in fancy snail clothing] Meow?
- SpongeBob: [stops walking and holds up Gary] Where are we going? I explained this at the pineapple. [holds hand in air] We are going to the fanciest restaurant in all of Bikini Bottom for our Friday night! We are going to "Fancy!".
- [the word "Fancy!" appears in the sky]
- Gary: [unenthusiasticaly] Meow.
- [scene cuts to SpongeBob, standing at the check-in podium at "Fancy!"]
- SpongeBob: I believe if you will find my reservation in the [vibrato] reservation stack.
- Check-in Fish: I already have, Mr. Sponge. Please stop holding up the line!
- SpongeBob: Ah. Can do, my good sir. [steps out of line; walks to table; sits on seat] Feels good to be a part of the fancy crew, doesn't it Gary?
- Gary: Meow.
- SpongeBob: Gary! Where's your regal tone?
- Gary: [in an operal voice] Me-ow.
- SpongeBob: Love it.
- Waitress: What can I get for you two...er...gentlemen today?
- SpongeBob: The snail and I would like to procure some clam-and-coral a la mode.
- Gary: Me-ow.
- SpongeBob: Yes. With a side of gravy...a la mode.
- Female Waitress: Can do. [walks away]
- SpongeBob: Wonder how long it will...
- [food appears in front of Gary and SpongeBob]
- SpongeBob: Well, talk about customer service. I might order some krill for desert.
- Gary: Meow.
- SpongeBob: What do you mean you don't want krill? Anyways, I'll get the bill now. Waiter! [grabs waiter] We'll take our bill now, good sir.
- Waiter: Very well. [hands SpongeBob bill]
- SpongeBob: Total looks right. 30 clams.
- Gary: Meow?
- SpongeBob: What about the tip? Let's see...5-0-0 clams. What's 5-0-0?
- Gary: Meow.
- SpongeBob: [yellow complexion begins to fluxuate between different colors] Fi-fi-fi-fi-five hundred dollars?! [eye pupils turn into the letters K and O respectively; SpongeBob faints on the ground]
- Gary: [grabs napkin; plainly] Meow? Meow meow.
- SpongeBob: [awakens] Gary? How are we going to pay off that much? What kind of restaurant charges you five hundred clams for one course!
- Gary: Meow.
- SpongeBob: Apparently this one indeed, Gary. Start searching the booths for change, Gary. We need to find all the money we can to pay that tip.
- [scene cuts to a montage of SpongeBob, searching the least likely places for any traces of money; the montage ends and an exhausted SpongeBob crawls to an approaching Gary]
- SpongeBob: Gary, there's no money in here. Who would think that all of these rich fish wouldn't drop a single penny?
- Gary: [grabs the bill] Meow. Meow meow meow.
- SpongeBob: What?! Let me see that bill. [takes bill; re-reads tip] Oh, Gary. The tip section says five clams and zero cents, not five hundred clams.
- Waiter: May I have your tip, Miseur Sponge?
- SpongeBob: Can do, Mr. Waiter. [hands waiter 5-clam bill]
- Waiter: [chuckles] Oh, Mr. SquarePants, please refer to our asterisk disclaimer.
- SpongeBob: [looks at asterisk] Disclaimer? [looks at disclaimer next to asterisk] "If not paid immediately, the tip increases by...495 clams?!" [faints]
- Gary: Meow. [climbs up booth; searches in the booth seats]
- [short ends]
|p • n • v • e • h|
Eye on the Krab • Samba Mater • Childish Games • The Slug Quintet • Breaking and Softening • Ignore-Amus • Behind the Whale • Star Author • Life on the Statistical Prairie • Rolling Stone • Pink With Envy • New Age Squirrel-agement • Robotic Ruckus • Comic Stripped • High School Horrors • The Patriotic Heist • Hot Pursuit • The Forgotten Fry Cook • The Snowing • Edge of a Resolution