This article is rated G, meaning it is appropriate for all ages.
|A Building from Above|
|Airdate||February 23, 2013|
|Storyboard directed by||MrScience12|
A Building from Above is the fifteenth episode of the spin-off, Absorbent Days, and the fifteenth episode of season one. In this episode, the streets of Bikini Bottom are frantic from witnessing a building sink to the bottom of the sea. Mr. Krabs tries to take advantage of this building and turns it into a Krabby Patty memorial to celebrate 50 years of the Krabby Patty. Yet Mr. Krabs is not the only one trying to take advantage of the building. Will Plankton and Mr. Krabs join together when their restaurants are both closed due to no management? This episode is paired with Battle of the Patty Flippers.
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Mr. Krabs
- Squidward Tentacles (cameo at beginning)
- Sheldon J. Plankton
- Miscellaneous Background Characters
- [episode starts with Squidward at the Krusty Krab, walking lazily to a table, carrying a tray of food]
- Squidward: [groggily] Here is your 50-year celebratory Krabby Patty, celebrating fifty years of the Krabby Patty. [Squidward places a Krabby Patty with "50" carved into the bun] That'll be fifty dollars.
- Customer 1: [hands Squidward money] These things are so expensive, yet so useless.
- [scene cuts to Mr. Krabs, carrying customer, throwing him out of restaurant]
- Mr. Krabs: And stay out of me restaurant with that fowl mouth! [slams doors shut; begins walking menu board with ladder] Some people just need a little more push. [begins painting on menu]
- SpongeBob: [walks out with tray] One celebratory Krabby...! [paint falls on bun] Patty. [looks up] Sir, what are you doing?
- Mr. Krabs: Making a couple of...[grins] changes to the menu.
- Squidward: [looks up at menu] No way! [walks to ladder] You're charging one hundred dollars for a hamburger?
- Mr. Krabs: No. That's proposterous. [paints a one next to the superscripted zero] I'm charging one hundred dollars and one cent for a hamburger.
- Squidward: Of course.
- SpongeBob: [begins to walk to kitchen] I better go make another one.
- Mr. Krabs: [gasps; eyes begin to blink red; climbs down ladder quickly] SpongeBob, no! [stops SpongeBob; whispers] Just give it to the customer. They won't mind.
- SpongeBob: But Mr. Krabs, we can't feed the customers paint. That'll make them frantic, and destroy everything in their sights.
- Mr. Krabs: [grins] Is that so? Well then you might want to let them to eat it at the Chum Bucket. [points to Chum Bucket]
- SpongeBob: Can do, Mr. Krabs! [thinks] How will I get them to the Chum Bucket? [snaps finger with idea] Got it! [opens door] Hey, everyone! We're taking a field trip to the Chum Bucket!
- [Everyone sits still]
- SpongeBob: Did I forget to mention that they are serving celebratory Krabby Patties...now with decorative paint?
- [Everyone now begins to run to Chum Bucket]
- [scene cuts to Chum Bucket]
- Plankton: [walks out of Chum Bucket wearing coat] I'm going on my daily walk, Karen. [whispers] Don't wait up on me. [stops walking due to rumbling sound] What in the world is that? [begins to be trampled by a crowd of charging people] What in the seven seas? [walks back into Chum Bucket, only to be amazed by the amount of people]
- Karen: [walks into dining area] Goodness! Who are all of these people?
- Plankton: Just some people with some good taste, obviously. [hops onto table] Calm down, everybody! Your chum is on its way! [places towel on arm] May I interest you in some appetizers?
- Customer 2: Can it, you small...I don't know...paramecium!
- Plankton: Actually, I'm a...
- Customer 2: We're here for one reason and one reason only! [hits table] To eat some Krabby Patties!
- Plankton: [hops from table] What are you talking...? [runs over by skates] Ouch.
- SpongeBob: [camera cuts to reveal SpongeBob on skates with a plate of Krabby Patties] Did someone say Krabby Patties? [begins to throw Krabby Patties with paint to customers]
- Mr. Krabs: [appears next to SpongeBob] Good job, laddy. Now let's get out of here!
- [scene cuts to Krusty Krab]
- Mr. Krabs: [sips coffee cup] Taking longer than I thought. [sips again]
- SpongeBob: Mr. Krabs, when is this tear down going to happen?
- Mr. Krabs: About....[hears crash] right now. [looks out window, looking at a now destroyed Chum Bucket] Ha! Works everytime.
- Plankton: [from Chum Bucket] I'll get you for this, Krabs!
- Mr. Krabs: [opens Krusty Krab door] Ha! You and what army?
- [crowd begins to run past the street between the Chum Bucket and the Krusty Krab]
- Plankton: Well, this one...obviously.
- [scene cuts to downtown Bikini Bottom]
- Male Fish 1: What is this thing?
- Female Fish 1: I don't know, but it's beautiful.
- Mr. Krabs: [pushes people out of way] Excuse me! Excuse me! What is this beautiful thing that you all are...? [looks up in shock] Whoa. What is this thing?
- SpongeBob: It looks like...[camera cuts to reveal a large building] a building.
- Mr. Krabs: Where did it come from?
- SpongeBob: I think from...[points up] that place where all those weird animals and sand is.
- Sandy: [walks up] It's called land. This structure is from up there. But how in clam shells did it get all of the way down here?
- SpongeBob: [shrugs shoulders] Who knows? [touches wall] It's so...hard.
- Mr. Krabs: And mine. [camera pans to top of building; sticks flag with Krabby Patty symbol on it into roof] It would make a great second restaurant to celebrate fifty years of the Krabby Patty. [suddenly is caught in net and taken off roof]
- Plankton: [in crane] No way, Krabs! This restaurant is mine! [hops onto rod and hops onto roof] I declare this...the Chum Bucket! [places flag in roof with a chum logo on it]
- Mr. Krabs: Not so fast, Plankton! [files self out of net with dollar; throws dollar at flag, slicing it in half; catches dollar] You're not declaring anything! [climbs up rod onto roof]
- Plankton: You're get this restaurant over my cold, dead...uh...cell!
- Mr. Krabs: [grabs Plankton] That can be arranged!
- SpongeBob: [steps between Plankton and Mr. Krabs] Whoa now. Hang on there, gents. Let's not do anything we might regret.
- Plankton: Oh, I'll regret it when I...
- SpongeBob: Come on, Mr. Krabs. Let Plankton take the restaurant. You let those people tear it to shreds when we let them eat those patties.
- Plankton: [hops onto roof] Wait, what?
- Mr. Krabs: Shhh shhh. [brings SpongeBob to opposite side of building; whispering] Boy. This is the perfect opportunity the Krusty Krab may never get again that you're passing up. [places finger on SpongeBob's belly]
- SpongeBob: Yes, sir. But how are we going to keep Plankton from stealing this building?
- Mr. Krabs: [thinks] Good question, boy. Let me ponder this for a brief second. [begins sipping tea; begins setting up chess table; begins sewing sweater] Okay. I got an idea.
- [scene cuts to SpongeBob's house]
- SpongeBob: [walks out front door] The plan is now in affect. [takes out walkie-talkie] Squidward. Squidward, the plan has started.
- [scene cuts to Squidward's bedroom]
- Squidward: [sleeping; awoken from walkie-talkie] What? [picks up walkie-talkie] What is it, shell for brains?! I was taking my well-deserved beauty sleep.
- SpongeBob: Squidward, the plan is in affect. We need to go right now.
- Squidward: No we don't. [goes back to sleep]
- SpongeBob: [puts down walkie-talkie] Time to revert to plan B then.
- [scene cuts to Krusty Krab with SpongeBob pushing Squidward's bed into the dining area]
- Squidward: [takes off sleeping mask] Huh? Where am I? [looks at SpongeBob] SpongeBob?! Where did you take me?!
- SpongeBob: Where I had to, Squidward. You're at the good ol' Krusty Krab.
- Mr. Krabs: [from under table] Get under here, boys. I think that one-eyed Plankton is up to something...again.
- SpongeBob: What?
- Mr. Krabs: Look for yourself. [hands SpongeBob a telescope]
- SpongeBob: [looks into telescope, seeing Plankton running toward the building; gasps] No! Plankton's heading to the building! How are we going to catch him now?
- Mr. Krabs: Like this. [pushes a button on the underside of the table, launching the team into an underground room]
- SpongeBob: The control room? What are we doing here?
- Mr. Krabs: Saving our building. [begins pressing buttons] I've been producing the Krabby Patty for fifty years and I'm not giving up now. [control room launches and is launched above ground, flying toward the building]
- [scene cuts to Plankton, sculpting on top of building]
- Plankton: Almost finished. [hits the nail one more time, causing the structure to collapse] Just great. [hears whistling sound] What is that...? [looks up] Of course. Well with these past events, I wouldn't expect this to be a total surprise. [control room lands on Plankton]
- [Mr. Krabs, Squidward, and SpongeBob walk out of door]
- Mr. Krabs: Give it up, Plankton. This building was mine from the start. Surrender or [holds up fists] you'll have to get past these bad boys.
- Plankton: [crawls from under room] Oh yeah. Same to you, Eugene! [holds up fists]
- Mr. Krabs: We can do this all night, Plankton! Give up the building and no one gets hurt!
- SpongeBob: What do you mean no one? Aren't we out of this for being a part of your team?
- Mr. Krabs: I don't know. [points to Squidward] The green one looks a little shifty to me.
- Squidward: Me?!
- Plankton: Then I guess we will be here all night, Krabs.
- [scene cuts to the next morning]
- Mr. Krabs: [sleeping and snoring] Money money money. [snores] Money money money. [awakens] Huh? [finds ticket on belly] What's this? "City of Bikini Bottom ticket for 'restaurant closure' due to 'no management'?" What?!
- Plankton: [offscreen] Looks like you got the ticket, too. [camera cuts to reveal Plankton carrying a piece of paper toward the edge of the building] Looks like we're both jobless, Krabs. [throws paper over edge, also causing self to fall; caught by antennae by Krabs]
- Mr. Krabs: Hmm...then I guess we're going to have to...[begins mumbling]...have to...[mumbles again]
- Plankton: Come on, Krabs! Say it! [takes out megaphone] Say it! Say it! Say it!
- Mr. Krabs: [growls] Fine. [sighs] I guess we're going to have to...work...together then.
- Plankton: [crosses arms] Yeah, I don't see that working out. [leaps onto ceiling] If you think that I'm going to work with this cheapskate, then you must be a...
- SpongeBob: [offscreen; grunting] I think...that should do it. [camera cuts to reveal SpongeBob hanging a new sign on the building] Well, what do you think?
- Plankton: [looks at sign from atop building] The Krusty Chum? Yep, still don't see it working out.
- Mr. Krabs: Same here.
- [scene cuts to Plankton, standing on Mr. Krabs's eye while both himself and Mr. Krabs are in uniform; both standing behind the counter]
- Customer: I would like to have one Chum Patty with a side of Krabby Fries.
- Plankton: We don't serve Chum Patties.
- Customer: Then why is it on the menu?
- Plankton: What menu? There are no menus.
- Customer: [holds up paper] Then what do you call this?
- Plankton: That's the fire escape plan, numbskull. Now are you going to order something?
- Customer: A side of Krabby Patties, [scoffs and rolls eyes] hold the attitude.
- Plankton: Coming right up, sir. [steps on register key, opening register] Wait a minute! Did you just say...? [looks at where the fish was standing, yet is not there]
- Mr. Krabs: You drove him away, Plankton. [points at Plankton] Keep this up and there will be no Krusty Krab. Got it?!
- Plankton: That's The Krusty Chum to you, crab cakes. [holds up order tickets] Now we got orders, so get to it so you don't get fired.
- Mr. Krabs: [holds up fist] Why you little...
- SpongeBob: [grabs arms] Whoa now. Let's not do this in front of the customers. Besides, we've got orders to fill.
- Customer: [pause] Yeah!
- Mr. Krabs: [sighs and walks to fryers] I hate the restaurant business. [begins stirring fries, only to be frightened by alarm] Ah! The ship's being overthrown! Man your stations! [hops behind grill and grabs SpongeBob] Hold me, boy.
- SpongeBob: [pries Mr. Krabs off of him] Mr. Krabs, no one's overthrowing the ship. This is a restaurant. [points to fryer] That's just the alarm that lets you know that the fries are ready.
- Mr. Krabs: Oh. [stirs fries and begins to pour ketchup on them]
- Plankton: [walks over to Krabs] What in coral caverns are you doing, Krabsy?!
- Mr. Krabs: I am sautéing the fries. Duh! [throws ketchup bottle at Plankton] Now if you excuse me, I would like to get to my job.
- Plankton: [throws away ketchup bottle; yells] Oh, you think this is really a restaurant?! Then what do you call this?! [pulls lever]
- [scene cuts to outside of building, where it begins to launch into the air]
- Plankton: Would you really think I would share a restaurant with you without getting something out of it?! [takes out ticket] Take a closer look at it, Krabsy!
- Mr. Krabs: [looks at ticket closer; reading fine print] "This ticket is only valid for zero seconds and is copyright of [yells] Fooling Krabs Industries?!". Why I oughta...!
- [Plankton is seen jumping out of building with parachute]
- Mr. Krabs: [points to SpongeBob] This is all your fault, boy!
- SpongeBob: Mine?!
- Mr. Krabs: If you hadn't suggested we work together, this wouldn't have all happened!
- SpongeBob: But, I'm not the one that...
- Mr. Krabs: And now you've put the customers in a frenzy!
- Customer 2: [looks at watch] Oh, is it time to panic already?! [customers begin running around building in a panic]
- Mr. Krabs: [grabs SpongeBob] Since this is all your fault, boy-o, you have to fix this. Or else we're all going to end up on the chef's menu at the nearest market.
- SpongeBob: [begins thinking] I got it! Mr. Krabs, give me the biggest bucket of paint you have!
- Mr. Krabs: I don't see where you're going with this, SpongeBob, but...[reaches into pocket] I always keep some spare paint in my pocket.
- SpongeBob: [takes paint] Why do you...? Okay, this will do. [throws paint onto patties on the trays of the table] Order up, everybody!
- Customer 3: Hey guys, look! Paint patties, I think!
- [Customers begin eating paint patties, causing them to become ravid]
- SpongeBob: It's working. [points to exit] We might want to make a quick exit.
- Mr. Krabs: How long has that been there?
- SpongeBob: How long do you think? How do you think Plankton exited?
- Mr. Krabs: Oh, yeah. Good point.
- [SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs leap out of building, watching as the customers destroy the building]
- SpongeBob: We did it! [claps hands with Mr. Krabs; lands on Krusty Krab with Mr. Krabs]
- Mr. Krabs: Now let's just keep those ravid fish away from me restaurant. [looks up and sees building pieces falling toward Krusty Krab] Well, at least it's not the customers.
- [pieces fall and destroy the Krusty Krab]
- SpongeBob: [rises from debris] Well, at least not everything [holds up celebratory Krabby Patty] is destroyed.
- Mr. Krabs: [angrily] Yeah. Just the perfect way to celebrate the 50th anniversary.
- [episode ends]
|n • v • e • h|
A New Town, A New Sponge • Snail Trails • A Blast from the Cast • The Chum Returns • Cream of Cheat • An Absorbent Christmas • A Court for the Port • Castles and Dungeons • Crossover Squid • A Replacement Borg • Regeneration Sensation • A Dirty Battle • A Cephalopod's Castle • Special Delivery • A Building from Above • Battle of the Patty Flippers • Doesn't Phase Me • The Fake Virtuoso • In Between Jobs • Not Who They Seam